Things I miss about Oak Grove
- That boring morning PT.
- Miss Farzana waking us up (get up girls ..get up) God her tone was nothing less than a horrifying alarm.
- Rushing to the wash basin area to brush (actually make turns to brush).
- Sleeping during morning preps.
- Getting scolded by the table head everyday cause everyday I used to make a fuss about food.
- Running through the corridor at every breaks.
- Dancing in the common hall every Saturday and Sunday night.
- Watching movies and our favourite daily soaps at night. (Although half of the time seniors punished me due to getting late for bath but still I used to manage watching my favourite soap from that famous punishment point near the cupboard area …hahaha never got caught even).
- I miss my 11 number cubical that I was allotted when I was in class 6 by my house captain (Mirabai House) and I used the same cubical till my last day of school.
- I miss sitting around that huge tree outside OGGS kitchen, all decisions were taken there though, very important place for me and my best friend.
- I miss sneaking around swimming pool area.
- I miss climbing the rooftop.
- I miss getting punished under the clock whenever caught coming from dormitory during breaks.
- I miss those late night talks across the beds.
And then there are lot many things I miss about that paradise called OAK GROVE… teachers, girls, amma jis, I miss it all. It’s like I get never tired of thinking and speaking of my school. Only OAKGROVIANS will understand what OAK GROVE was for us..
It was a home away from home.
– Debarati Chakraborty (2014 Batch)
This content has been reproduced from a Facebook post by Debarati Chakraborty on February 20, 2018. The original post dates back to 2016, and was re-posted as a memory by Debarati.Tags: 2010s Debarati Chakraborty